The joy and fun derived from riding a tricycle for kids are second to none. Having one of the best tricycles is the desire for any kid. However, choosing the best tricycle for 1,2,3,4 and 5 years old is the very first step to show love to kids that shows interest in tricycling.
- 1 Why tricycle for younger kids?
- 2 Best Tricycle for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Year Old Kids
- 3 Choosing the right tricycle for kids within the age range of 1,2,3,4 and 5 years old – Important things to consider
- 4 FAQ of tricycle for kids
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Few More Recommendations
Why tricycle for younger kids?
It is not a good option to get younger kids bicycle, especially if they are just learning how to ride. The bicycle comes with just two wheels, one at the front and the other at the back. It requires a great level of skills and practices for younger kids to get balance and coordination.
It is quite different from tricycle, which is why it is the best option to start with for kids. Most do come with three wheels which enhance your kid’s balance, thereby eliminating the possibility of falling off the tricycle.
Some do refer to it as a balance bike, and it offers a lot of benefits to kids that are quite unknown to most parents.
Without further ado, let’s check out some of the expert picked tricycle that can be used by kids with the age range of 1,2,3,4 and 5 years old.
Best Tricycle for 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Year Old Kids
Age recommendation: 12 months to 3 years
- Easy steer
- A removable adult push steering handle
- Seat belt for kid’s safety
- Comfortable footrest
- Storage basket to carry toys and supplies
- Takes a whole lot of time to assemble
The Schwinn Easy Steer Tricycle design is enough to win the heart of any kid. It is undoubtedly one of the stylish tricycles with a fine finish, which makes it of big interest to most kids that loves to ride.
Your kids will surely enjoy every second they use on the tricycle. It offers the platform for them to have fun and excitement. It has wide 3 Eva tires that are enclosed on the wheels with the capacity to accommodate the weight of your kids.
The wheel makes it easier for the tricycle to move while your kids control with the handle and pedal. It has a basket in front of it for storage of things and also one at the back for added storage for playful kids.
The chair of the tricycle is strong to hold the weight of your kids, it comes with seat belt for added safety, and it has parental removable push steering handle to help you control the speed of your kids.
Age recommendation: 9 months to 5 years
- Protective safety bar and seat belt
- Canopy for protection from sun and UV rays
- Adjustable seat for safety
- Comfortable footrest for balance
- The parent handle is quite difficult to turn the tricycle
- Takes time to assemble
The Little Tikes Perfect Fit is an ultimate tricycle designed for younger kids who shows unending interest in riding a tricycle. It comes with an adjustable seat to ensure your kid is comfortable while seated with a backrest to enhance comfort.
It comes with amazing features, which makes it worthwhile for any riding experience that could be desired by your kids. It has a parental push steering section with compartments where you can add a water bottle and some other things.
It helps in pushing your kids around, thereby controlling their speed until they got to learn how to control the speed on their own. Also, it has a protective safety bar to keep your kids safe on the seat, and it can accommodate the weight of kids about 50 lbs.
The features it comes with include sun canopy for added protection when riding during the sunny atmosphere, convenient snack, drink and phone tray for parents, it has large storage bucket to keep toys for kids behind the seat.
Age recommendation: 2 to 4 years
- Adjustable seat for different height range
- Very safe and easy to ride for kids
- Comfortable seat
- Strong and reliable material
- Durable wheel for smooth movement on any terrains
- It has no seat belt
The Schwinn Roadster Tricycle is a reliable choice you can consider for your kids. It is made of high-quality materials with a sturdy frame and strong seat that can accommodate the weight of kids within the age of 2 to 4.
It is stylishly designed with a retro look and steel trike frame. You can refer to it as a low center of gravity style tricycle as it is down to heart, which makes it easier to ride for young kids. Comfort and convenience are quite significant, and that is why your kids have access to the adjustable sculpted seat to help moves forwards and backward.
The seat can be adjusted as it has five lock-in positions, which makes it ideal for young ones with a short leg to comfortably ride the tricycle. Also, it has a rear deck built of wood, and it features classic bike bell with a footrest to control the bike.
Age recommendation: 30 months to 5 years
- Easy to move pedals
- A storage bin at the back of the seat to carry toys
- Fun to ride for kids
- Adjustable seat with backrest for comfort and convenience
- It has no significant setback
The Radio Flyer 421Z Rider Trike is the simple design style of tricycle that should be considered for kids within the age of 30 months to 5 years. It has impressive features, and the simplicity is one of the strengths of the tricycle not to talk of the stylish design and alluring finish.
Kids with a weight of about 50 pounds can conveniently ride the tricycle without any hassles. It offers unending fun and excitement for kids. The convenience and comfort it offers are one of the reasons you should consider it for your kids.
It has three sturdy wheels to ensure it is balanced, durable frame steel, adjustable seat, storage bin with cover at the back of the seat, and handlebar grips are all the features of this wonderful tricycle. It is easy to move for kids from one place to another without hassles.
Age recommendation: 2 to 4 years
- Chrome handlebars for easy steering
- Ringing chrome bell
- Adjustable seat
- Safe to use and steer
- Lacks backrest and seat belt
The Radio Flyer Classic tricycle meets the requirement and demands of tricycles designed for kids within the age range of 2 to 4 years old. It is designed to be used by kids that have experience with riding except you have to stay and monitor your kids, especially those riding for the first time.
It lacks seat rest, which could affect the duration your kids will use on it. It lacks seat belt as well, which means kids can easily fall off on the off chance they over speed. Therefore, it should be used by kids under the supervision of their parents.
The construction is top notch as it comes with sturdy steel frame, spoked wheels and rubber tires which enhance the movement of the tricycle. It has an adjustable seat for kids of different height to enhance convenience and comfort.
Age recommendation: 24 months to 5 years old
- Comfy seat
- Large wheel base for comfort
- Very easy to control with the handlebars
- Safe to move for kids
- No adjustable seat and the pedal is quite far from reach for shorter kids
- No seatbelt
The Fisher-Price Harley-Davidson Tough Trike is compact style trike, and that can be seen clearly in its design. It is one easy rider for your kids that has been aspiring to own a wonderful trike. It is powered through every reliable pedal, which makes it easier for younger kids to control.
It has a big wheel which makes the trike easier to move smoothly on any terrain. The stable wheelbase eliminates the chances of your kid falling off the trike. It has easy to grip handlebars and comfy seat in which it embodies secret storage where your kids can keep their belongings safe.
Kids with weight within 50 pounds can easily get on the trike and enjoy a nice time riding with ease. Mind you; your kids have to get off the trike before they can have access to all that is stored in the secret storage.
Age recommendation: 9 months to 5 years
- A storage bin at the back of the seat
- Removable footrest
- Adult removable push steering
- Three-point harness for safety
- Sturdy frame
- Lacks nothing
The Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike is a versatile and multipurpose design tricycle. Younger kids from 9 months to 3 years can have difficulty in riding the tricycle, but they can do that with the assistance of their parents.
It comes with 4-way drive design, which means it can be used as infant trike, steering trike, classic trike and learn to ride a trike. It has all the features for all the listed which shows how versatile the tricycle is compared to some of its competitors in the market.
The design integrates removable footrest for younger kids; it has an adult steer and strolls push handle with an adjustable foam grip. It features an adjustable seat, canopy for protection against sun and UV rays. It can accommodate kids within the weight of 49 pounds.
Age recommendation: 18 months – 5 years
- Footrest for comfort
- Easy grip handlebars and durable tires
- Safe to use and movement for kids
- Takes little time to assemble
Fisher-Price Rock is one of the perfect tricycles that you can consider for your kids. It is different from those who have been discussed earlier as it is made of high-quality plastic. The style and design of the tricycle make it ideal for younger kids.
The design integrates parental independent pedaling, which makes it easier for parents to push their kids around, especially for those that still need supervision. It is very easy to install as it needs no tools to have all parts in place.
The seat is comfy to ensure kids spend quality time on the trike. It has footrest and the pedal right integrated into the front wheel to move the trike. The adult pedaling section serves as a backrest to the kids.
Age recommendation: 3 to 7 years
- Adjustable seat
- Back seat rest for comfort
- Durable wheels for easy movement
- Not a better option for shorter kids
- No seat belt
The Radio Flyer Deluxe Big Flyer is a dynamic style trike that comes with the resemblance of a recumbent bike. It has a big wheel in front with the other two at the back down to earth. It has easy to use handlebars, and the seat comes with a backrest to make it easier to ride for kids.
It has a sleek racing design. The seat is adjustable to get a maximum fit for your kids. It is one of the low centers of gravity trike that should be considered if it is the choice of your kids among many others in the market. It is fun to use.
For kids to get the best out of the tricycle, they need frequent practice as they have the chances to fall off while turning. Therefore, parents are to supervise their kids and ensure they are safe while riding the trike.
Choosing the right tricycle for kids within the age range of 1,2,3,4 and 5 years old – Important things to consider
There are essential things to consider, such as:
You need to carefully look into the development of the tricycle and see to it that it is of high quality to keep your kids safe. Some are made of steel frame and some with plastic. Considering longevity, you have to opt for those made with steel frame because plastic can quickly get damaged.
There are features that you should consider such as the seat belt which helps to keep your kids in place on the seat, and some have a canopy which protects kids from sun and UV rays, footrest to eliminate any chances of adding pressure on kid’s leg and many more.
The design of the tricycle is another factor you should consider. Tricycles come in different designs, and you should ensure you select the one that suits your kid’s style and your budget.
Most which we have discussed above do not come fully assembled. Some come partially assembled and some you have to start from the scratch. Look into how long it will take you to assemble and follow the instruction on how to do so.
FAQ of tricycle for kids
Why should I get a tricycle for my kid?
Starting with a bicycle is far too far to handle for little kids because most of them will have to battle balance and coordination. Therefore, the best means to get them to have a riding experience is through the use of a tricycle.
The design and construction of a tricycle ensure that your child is stable and balanced while seated on the seat integrated and then move the tricycle with the pedal.
How long does it take to ride a tricycle?
It doesn’t take a more extended period for your kids to learn how to move tricycle. Once you put them on the tricycle, you should start by pushing them around and then teach them how they can quickly move the tricycle with the pedals.
How safe is the use of tricycles?
Riding tricycles for kids is safe. However, there are things you need to watch out for as well. Your kids should never take their tricycles to the main terrain as it should only be used indoor or outdoor in your backyard.
Also, as a measure to keep your kids safe, you must ensure they ride under your supervision and, if not, do ensure your kids make use of safety equipment.
Does riding tricycle boost kids’ confidence?
One of the ways to improve your kids’ confidence and concentration is to get them a tricycle. It helps kids in their early stages in life to learn how to do different things without losing focus or attention. If your baby at an early stage can learn to move the pedal, handle the handlebar, and focus on where there are going, they can quickly go through any challenges while growing.
There are many ways you can make your kids happy, and one of them is by gifting them any of the best tricycle for 1,2,3,4 and 5 years old. For kids that have shown interest in riding tricycle, you should show some love with any of the expert picked tricycles as a gift to your kids.
Few More Recommendations
- 🏅New design: besrey 4 in 1 trike design with all-new 3 point safety harness makes a growing number of babies easier and safer to use a tricycle.
- 🏅4-IN-1 TRIKE: 1: If your baby is too young to walk we recommend you use fully assembled mode with the safety belt on and lower the footrest down. 2: Folds up the footrest if your baby's foot can reach the front pedals. 3: Detach the canopy if your kids can seat by themselves. In this mode, you also can control the speed of tricycle. 4: A free ride for kids who can ride safely and reassure parents as well.
- 🏅Top-quality: The trike is made of the metal frame which can hold up to 55lbs, 600D Oxford fabric which provides ventilate seat back, ABS plastic, non-inflatable all-terrain wheels. The tricycle has ASTM F963 and EN71 approved.
- 🏅Features: Features: Foldable canopy with peek a boo window, 3 Point safety harness, Height-adjustable parent handle, Detachable armrest for kids, 2 rear brakes.
- 🏅What you'd get: 4-in-1 Trike *1, Instruction *1, install tools *1, 1-year warranty from the date purchased.
- 6-in-1 Tricycle: Our tricycle can be used as infant tricycle, steering tricycle, learn-to-ride tricycle, classic tricycle to suit the children at different stages. You can disassemble the awning, guardrail and rear push rod according to the height of the child. It is suitable for children aged 1-5 and is the best gift for children.
- 3 Point Harness & Removable Canopy: The safety belt will ensure your baby security when he or she sits on it. Removable Canopy offers your baby alternative choices of protecting them from UV or enjoying sunshine.
- Foldable Design & Extra Storage Bag: Our tricycle has a folding function and a small size for easy carrying and storage. Large and handy storage bag can hold baby's necessities, such as diapers, spare clothes, snacks and some of your own items. And you can easily assemble our tricycle according to the instructions without any auxiliary tools.
- Direction-Controlling Rod & Safe Brakes: Built in steering rod, you can flexibly control the direction and go out with kids for fun. The rear of the tricycle has 2 brakes. You can stop and lock the wheel with a gentle step. It is easy to operate and safe to travel. Upgraded ABS foot pedals allow you to fold them when not in use.
- Premium Materials & Durable Wheels: Made of sturdy steel frame, it has a stable structure and strong load-bearing capacity. No bumps in kid's adventure! High-quality wheels have good elasticity and wear resistance. Strong shock absorption makes the tires suitable for various roads and has a long service life.
- Freewheel Function for safe parental control; Rear brake for safe stops; 5-point seat belts for extra security
- Rotating ergonomic seat for precious eye contact; Adjustable back support for different sitting positions; Detachable safety guard for comfort sitting process
- Air wheels (Front 12", Back 10") for a smooth ride; Wheel Fenders to protect for dirt and dust
- Foldable canopy for all weather conditions; Window for parental supervision; Additional footrests for the smallest passengers; Anti-Slip Pedals to prevent any slippery accidents
- Age recommended: 6 months to 5 years
- TANDEM BIKE FOR KIDS: Kids will be excited to grab their helmets and jump on the sleek and modern-designed MyRider Tandem trike. Perfect for beginner riders, the bike features a contoured rear seat and no-slip platform footrest for the passenger.
- DURABLE: Supporting up to 140lbs. The MyRider Tandem has a yellow powder-coated welded steel frame that resists rust and scratches, a one-piece welded crank, solid tires that won’t go flat and self-lubricating nylon bearings.
- SAFETY FEATURES: Designed with utmost safety in mind, the tandem bike’s tires are sturdy and solid on spokeless wheels, the bike has a recessed no-pinch hub design and no protruding hardware for a safer ride. Weighs 38lbs & requires easy 1-bolt assembly.
- ENCOURAGES ACTIVE PLAY: Suitable for children ages 3 and up, the MyRider tandem bike encourages active play, social interaction and helps build self-esteem and confidence.
- DIMENSIONS: The MyRider Tandem measures 43” by 24” by 26”. The front seat measures 15” high, the rear seat measures 15¾” high, the front wheel measures 11½” in diameter and the handlebars measure 25⅜” high.
- Removable adjustable push handle allows adults to control steering and speed for added rider safety
- Help child learn to pedal by collapsing foot rest and removing arm rests so they can pedal along with your guidance; Rear brakes lock trike in place
- When they're ready, simply remove the push handle and give your child their very own first tricycle! Carry extra toys in rear basket!
- Padded seat, removable head/neck rest, safety harness, wrap-around arm rests and removable sun canopy keep little riders safe and comfortable
- Steel heavy-duty trike easily converts and grows with child thanks to 4-in-1 design and removable, adjustable parts
Last update on 2020-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API